Cleaning and caring for your wood flooring is simple. But there are a few guidelines you should be aware of to keep your floors squeaky clean.
- Consult the installer, the finisher or the manufacturer if there is any doubt of the kind of floor finish
- Place mats and throw rugs at doorways, exteriors and interiors to help prevent the build-up of dirt and sand
- Put plastic or fabric-faced glides under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching
- Trim and file your pet’s claws regularly to help prevent small scratches
- Place an area rug in front of the kitchen sink to catch water
- Sweep and vacuum regularly
- Consult Clean spills immediately
- Move heavy furniture without protecting wood flooring
- Wet-mop a wood floor
- FORGET TO Sweep or vacuum regularly
- DON’T use oil base soaps
PROTECT YOUR FLOOR INVESTMENT
Hardwood floors are a lifetime investment and you have spent a considerable amount of money to add value to your home. Routine maintenance should include protecting the surface finish from moisture and heavy wear, which creates scratches.