THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR FLOORING
A simple understanding first:
Floor covering is a term to generically describe any finish material applied over a floor structure to provide a walking surface.Flooring is the general term for a permanent covering of a floor, or for the work of installing such a floor covering.
- Materials almost always classified as floor covering include carpet, area rugs, and resilient flooring such as linoleum or vinyl flooring.
- Materials commonly called flooring include wood flooring, ceramic tile, stone, terrazzo, and various seamless chemical floor coatings.
- The floor under the flooring is called the sub-floor. This provides the support for the flooring. Special purpose sub-floors like floating floors, raised floors or sprung floors may be laid upon another underlying sub-floor which provides the structural strength.
Selection of Flooring Material
The choice of material for floor covering is affected by factors such as
- Initial Cost
- Damp Resistance
- Sound Insulation
- Thermal Insulation
- Fire Resistance
Types of flooring
These are just few types of flooring that are hit on the market today.
- Resilient flooring
- Wood flooring
- Carpet & Rugs
- Ceramic tiles
- Seamless chemical flooring
- Marble flooring
- Brick flooring
- Glass flooring
- Stone flooring
- Rubber flooring
The most common types of flooring used in India
Cement & Concrete Flooring
There’s also one more type of flooring; Not the most common, but still famous.
- Carpet is a floor covering woven or felted from natural or man- made fiber.
- Fitted carpet is attached to the floor structure, extends wall-to- wall, and cannot be moved from place to place.
- Rugs are smaller than the room in which they are located and are generally placed over the wood flooring.
- They may be attached to the flooring below by adhesive or other methods.